X11 LGA1151 series¶
The Supermicro X11 LGA1151 series are mostly the same boards with some minor differences in internal and external interfaces like available PCIe slots, NICs (1 GbE, 10 GbE), IPMI, RAID Controller etc.
- Intel FSP2.0 can not be removed as long as there is no free replacement
- Intel ME can be cleaned using me_cleaner (~4.5 MiB more free space)
- Intel Ethernet Controller Firmware can be removed when it’s extended functionality is not needed. For more details refer to the respective datasheet (e.g 333016-008 for I210).
- Boards with AST2400 BMC/IPMI: Firmware can be replaced by OpenBMC
These issues apply to all boards. Have a look at the board-specific issues, too.
- MRC caching does not work on cold boot with Intel SPS (see Intel FSP2.0)
- Fix issues above
- Fix issues in board specific sections
- Add more boards! :-)
|CPU||Intel Kaby Lake|
|Coprocessor||Intel SPS (server version of the ME)|