Lenovo ThinkPad T440p¶
This page describes how to run coreboot on Lenovo ThinkPad T440p.
T440p has two flash chips, an 8MB W25Q64FV and a 4MB W25Q32FV. To flash coreboot, you just need to remove the big door according to the T440 Hardware Maintenance Manual and flash the 4MB chip.
T440p flash chip
To access the 8MB chip, you need to remove the base cover.
T440p 8MB flash chip
The flash layout of the OEM firmware is as follows:
00000000:00000fff fd 00001000:00002fff gbe 00003000:004fffff me 00500000:00bfffff bios
After flashing coreboot, you may need to re-plug the AC adapter to make the laptop able to power on.
- No audio output when using a headphone
- Cannot get the mainboard serial number from the mainboard: the OEM UEFI firmware gets the serial number from an “emulated EEPROM” via I/O port 0x1630/0x1634, but it’s still unknown how to make it work
- The dGPU does not currently work in Windows.
- boot Arch Linux with Linux 4.19.77 from SeaBIOS payload
- integrated graphics init with libgfxinit
- EHCI debug: the port is the non-charging USB2 port on the right
- video output: internal (eDP), miniDP, dock DP, dock HDMI
- ACPI support
- keyboard and trackpoint
- M.2 SATA SSD
- virtualization: VT-x and VT-d
- CMOS options: wlan, trackpoint, fn_ctrl_swap
- internal flashing when IFD is unlocked
- dGPU (must be enabled in CMOS options)