Lenovo ThinkPad T440p¶
This page describes how to run coreboot on Lenovo ThinkPad T440p.
T440p has two flash chips, an 8 MiB W25Q64FV and a 4 MiB W25Q32FV. To flash coreboot, you just need to remove the big door according to the T440 Hardware Maintenance Manual and flash the 4 MiB chip.
T440p flash chip
To access the 8 MiB chip, you need to remove the base cover.
T440p 8 MiB flash chip
The flash layout of the OEM firmware is as follows:
00000000:00000fff fd 00001000:00002fff gbe 00003000:004fffff me 00500000:00bfffff bios
After flashing coreboot, you may need to re-plug the AC adapter to make the laptop able to power on.
- Cannot get the mainboard serial number from the mainboard: the OEM UEFI firmware gets the serial number from an “emulated EEPROM” via I/O port 0x1630/0x1634, but it’s still unknown how to make it work
- The dGPU does not currently work in Windows.
- boot Arch Linux with Linux 4.19.77 from SeaBIOS payload
- integrated graphics init with libgfxinit
- EHCI debug: the port is the non-charging USB2 port on the right
- video output: internal (eDP), miniDP, dock DP, dock HDMI
- ACPI support
- keyboard and trackpoint
- M.2 SATA SSD
- virtualization: VT-x and VT-d
- CMOS options: wlan, trackpoint, fn_ctrl_swap
- internal flashing when IFD is unlocked
- dGPU (must be enabled in CMOS options)