Lenovo T4xx series disassembly instructions¶
A skilled engineer takes around 40 minutes to disassemble, flash and reassemble the whole device.
Read their Hardware Maintenance Manual for detailed steps.
Steps to access the flash IC¶
- Unplug the main battery
- Remove the harddisk, CDROM, ExpressCard, SIM-card, SDcard, SmartCard, …
- Open the bottom flap and remove the keyboard screw
- Remove the keyboard
- Remove the screen
- Remove the top enclosure
- Remove the CMOS battery
- Remove the speakers
- Remove WWAN and WIFI card
- Remove the CPU fan
- Unplug the power cable
- Remove the bottom enclosure
- Flip the mainboard and remove the main frame
The following docking stations are supported by coreboot:
- Type 2505
- VGA, Ethernet, Modem, PS2, 4 USB Ports
- Dock ID on pc87382 reads as: 2
- Type 2504
- Serial, LPT, LEDs, Audio, DVI, VGA, Ethernet, Modem, PS2, 4 USB Ports
- Dock ID on pc87382 reads as: 1
- PNP IO address of SuperIO pc87384: 0x2e
There’s no hotplug support for LPT and Serial on Type 2504.
The Dock ID reads as 7 if no dock is connected.