Lenovo Sandy Bridge series¶
|In circuit flashing||Yes|
|Dual BIOS feature||No|
- Update the EC firmware, as there’s no support for EC updates in coreboot.
- Do NOT accidently swap pins or power on the board while a SPI flasher is connected. It will destroy your device.
- It’s recommended to only flash the BIOS region. In that case you don’t need to extract blobs from vendor firmware. If you want to flash the whole chip, you need blobs when building coreboot.
- The shipped Flash layout allocates 3MiB to the BIOS region, which is the space usable by coreboot.
- ROM chip size should be set to 8MiB.
Please also have a look at Flashing firmware tutorial.
There’s one 8MiB flash which contains IFD, GBE, ME and BIOS regions. On Lenovo’s UEFI the EC firmware update is placed at the start of the BIOS region. The update is then written into the EC once.